Sunday, December 11, 2011

Tanner

I can sit back and watch Tanner for hours.  He always has a strut in his step, says the cutest and funniest things, and I can never resist his eyes!  Tanner is becoming more and more independent all the time.  He is very stubborn minded and likes things a certain way.  While I fight with him to do things by himself that I know he can like changing his shirt, he fights back wanting to do the things that I don't want him to do alone like pouring the milk.  Lately, I have noticed he will throw a fit, but I can quickly talk to him and he will nicely agree to what I might be asking of him.  He responds very well when others talk calm and nice to him, and he will rarely listen when you are harsh on him.

Tanner loves to sing the ABC's and can count very well.  He enjoys playing with playdough, action figures, cars and balls.  He is talking great and is very polite.  Tanner, like Dillon, loves to ride his bike.  He loved swimming this summer at 7 peaks; he is almost fearless in the water.  Well, except when it comes to any type of ride, like water slides.  Tanner will not follow Dillon on almost any ride, he hates them.  This summer, Tanner also loved going to get ice cream.  His favorite is playdough and he sticks with it.

He loves playing with Madison, but he is still a little rough with her.  He thinks he needs to get right in her face or basically sit on her to play.  He is also a big help when I need diapers, wipes, etc.  The first giggle we heard from Madison came from Tanner playing peak-a-boo with her.  Tanner looks to Dillon for everything; he is his greatest admirer.  He copies his every word and move.  My favorite is when he asks Dillon for love when he is hurt or sad.  Tanner also calls Parker, Dillon's friend, his best friend and follows Dillon to Parker's house every time they play.  Tanner does also love to play with a few kids his age on our street, Kaylie and Maverick (who he calls maggot :) )

Since Dillon is in school 4 days a week, Tanner and I have alone time together each day.  I really enjoy hanging out with him.  He is almost a different kid when Dillon isn't around too.  He is very quiet and calm.  He loves to sit down and read a book with me or watch a movie for some quiet time.  Tanner is also great to take to the store.  He doesn't wander to far and usually will not take any thing from the shelves.

Tanner is so special and I love to be around him.  Here are a few of my favorite pics from the past few months...

 Tanner looking cool in my sunglasses.

 Looking good again...He really needs his own shades!

 Dill and Tanner cuddling while watching a movie.

 Tanner at Dillon's school on the first day.

 Tanner doing his classic silly face.

 Tanner laying on Madi.

 Tanner and Dillon swinging together.

Tanner eating his playdough ice cream.

1 comment: